Have you ever started a day not feeling quite right? Without knowing how it happened or why, your thoughts turn towards the negative no matter how hard you try not to? What’s more, you knew if you did not get out of this thought pattern, your whole day would be ruined? Sandra Ingerman says such “toxic thoughts” can electrify the atmosphere of any room you enter. In her article, “10 Ways to Transform Toxic Thoughts,” on BeliefNet.com, Sandra cites ten ways to rid yourself of such thoughts:
1. Breathe through your heart. Placing your hands on your heart and feeling your heart moving as you breathe has a calming effect.
2. Look in the mirror. Before reacting to a challenging situation, take a look in the mirror and watch your reflection as you emote. No one wants to see themself act out in a toxic way.
3. Express, don’t send. It’s OK to have negative emotions. What’s more, it’s important to acknowledge your feelings – verbally or on paper. Just be careful not to send those negative feelings to yourself, to others, or to the world.
4. Think of a favorite face. Think of a loved one and impose his or her image on the face of the person challenging you. The energy behind your emotions goes to all living beings.
5. Watch your words. Like thoughts and emotions, your words have the power to change your experience as well as the world in which we live. Fill your mind with positive words and pay attention to how your life unfolds.
6. See the divinity in others. We all come from the same place. Seeing people in their divine light gives them the strength they need to deal with their troubles. Remember … perception creates your reality.
7. Connect with nature. Nature is known to be a great healer. Take time out and connect with the natural world whenever you can.
8. Work with water. Water is known for its healing effects and can wash away your pain. Whether washing your hands, taking a shower, or standing in the rain, visualize yourself washing negative energy away.
9. Protect yourself with light. Imagine a protective white light surrounding you. This will protect you from any harmful energies being sent your way.
10. Respond with love. Respond to the negative energy you do not wish to receive with love. This will not only prevent you from moving into an attack position, but will also create more negative energy. Love heals.
My three personal favorites are breathing through your heart; working with water; and seeing divinity in others. The others naturally follow.
Remember … touch a life today “The Little Way” by following the lead and need of others. Also, if you ever thought to yourself, “I wish my customers, knew…”, then be sure to visit White Light Communications at http://www.tothewhitelight.com.
Life isn’t about waiting out the storms, its about learning to dance in the rain.
Like many, I have been known to wait out one too many storms. I am learning though that storms bring opportunities with them; opportunities that may be lost if one sits out too many dances in the rain. Thanks for sharing.
Gosh, it’s amazing that many of these suggestions sound very much like what Dean teaches…
Hi Gina… Many of these suggestions may sound familiar as they’ve been attributed to many rather than to just one individual. As you study the teachings of many spiritual leaders and philosophers, you soon discover the same messages being communicated over and over again; just in slightly different ways. With many based in nature, these messages are simple and timeless. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.