Have you ever asked yourself, “Why is this happening to me?” and “Why now?” As a child, my mother would say things happen for a reason… but do they? Does everything really happen for a reason? According to Psychotherapist Mira Kirshenbaum, author of Everything Happens for a Reason, the answer is a resounding YES!
In fact, Ms. Kirshenbaum says every significant event in our life has meaning; everything from the most joyful and empowering to the unexplainable or unjust. It is for this reason she encourages us to learn the meaning behind our significant experiences. When we do, we discover each experience offers a gift, a lesson, and/or an opportunity.
With more than twenty-five years of clinical research, Ms. Kirshenbaum offers ten reasons. These reasons not only help us decipher confusing, often difficult moments in our lives, but also provide hope, solace, and strength. They are:
1. To help you feel a sense of belonging and at home in the world.
2. To help you totally accept yourself.
3. To help you let go of fear.
4. To bring you to a place where you can feel forgiveness.
5. To help you uncover your true hidden talent.
6. To give you what you need to find true love.
7. To help you become stronger.
8. To help you discover the play in life.
9. To show you how to live with a sense of purpose.
10. To help you become a truly good person.
So the next time you ask yourself, “Why is this happening to me?” and “Why now?” Amazingly enough your answer will be one of ten.
Remember … touch a life today “The Little Way” by following the lead and need of others. Also, if you ever thought to yourself, “I wish my customers, knew…”, then be sure to visit White Light Communications at http://www.tothewhitelight.com.